Sunday, December 26, 2010

Jayne Morgan Cox

I love babies, they are so sweet.
Erinn is such a sweet big sister. She just loves holding Janye.

Her Christmas bows.
I am now going to turn you all in to sheep!

So on December 18, 2010. Our little Jane Morgan Cox was born at 1:58 pm, she weighs 9 lb 4oz and is 19 1/2 inches. My water broke at 2:40 am, I called my doctor and he said that I could wait till 7:00 am to go to the hospital (sweet!). So I tried to sleep, but even though I was really having contractions yet I just couldn't sleep. so I got up and started getting things ready to go, making phone calls and all that stuff. Around 4:00 am my contractions started and they weren't that strong and I'm thinking that this is going to be like Erinn and have to be on pitocin the whole time. So we get Erinn to our friends house and head up to the hospital. We get there at 7:00am and I'm dilated to a six! I'm thinking wow this is going so much better than Erinn! They didn't have to give me pitocin which was nice, but it still took me a while to dilate. Mean while.......... My parents are on the train to Salt Lake City to catch their shuttle up to Rexburg. They get to SLC at 3:oo am and their shuttle leaves at 7:30 am. So I'm thinking what a bummer that they weren't going to make it on time, because my due date was still 2 days away so plans weren't going as planned! So their shuttle ends up being 2 hours late and I'm thinking that they defiantly aren't going to make it. To make a Long story short..... They get to the hospital pulling their luggage into the delivery room and like 5 minutes later Jayne is born!!! at 1:58 pm. So my was basically as long as Erinn's but physically so much easier. With Erinn I pushed for 2 hours... with Jayne I pushed for maybe 10 minutes! So that was nice!

My Recovery with Janye has been rougher on my Body than with Erinn. With Erinn my recovery was annoying because I had stitches to heal from because I had to have an episiotomy because Erinn was so big (10lb 110z). With Jayne I lost a lot of blood because my placenta detached immediately, so as a result I passed out 2 different times while I was at the hospital. So I made the nurses nervous, so every time I had to get up and go to the bathroom I had to call a nurse and be babysat while I did so. I have been weaker and still don't feel 100%.

Other than my big adventure I am feeling fairly good. Jayne is a good natured baby just like Erinn. She's not colicky...thank goodness, and is a great eater. Erinn is such a sweet big sister. She loves to give Jayne hugs and kisses and is always wanting to hold her. She gets really excited when she get to hold Jayne to the point where she is just trying to pull her out of my arms. It has been nice having my parents here to help out and fun to have them here for Christmas. I will miss them when they have to go home. I sure hope everyone has had a wonderful Christmas. I know that I did, and I have the most sweet gift of all this year with our new little addition to our family.

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations! She is so beautiful! Make sure to take it easy as your body recovers--you definitely deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're so happy for you! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I didn't find out that you had her till cody and lucy came to alamo. I'm so happy for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so exciting! she looks so much like Erin did when she was born. Sorry the hear the recovery has been so rough this time around. I'm keeping you in our prayers. Keep us posted your kiddos are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is so cute. Its going to be so fun for Erinn to have a little sister.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations. I am so happy to hear all is relatively well. Keep on resting. Lots of love to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete