Saturday, November 5, 2011

Halloween And the Making of Things 1-4.

I asked my husband Tony what we should make the girls for Halloween this year, and he said “Thing 1 and Thing 2!” I though Fun! So then I asked him if I made  coordinating costumes for us with the girls would he wear it?  I had to assure him that it would be just the shirt, that I wouldn’t make him wear a tutu. He said that was “fine”. So thus started my costume making. 

010 (2)I made the patches out of felt and black shirt paint. I traced a plate onto the felt first…. no I’m not that talented to draw a perfect circle! After they dried I cut them out and hand sewed them on the shirts.

002Then I made the tutu’s out of tulle. I have to say that tulle is my least favorite fabric to cut! Sorry I didn’t take pictures of the process. But here is the finished product I had 4 yards of each color, and that was barely enough. I ended up with just enough tulle at the end to make the pompoms for their hair.

003 (3)

036

061After Erinn would get candy she would squeal with joy and run to the next car! She learned quickly that she had to fight her way to the front. I didn’t even bother telling her not to elbow the other kids to the front because they were doing the same thing. She was just so darn cute!

062

Halloween was kind of a crazy day. I sadly had a funeral that I attended of a dear friend, a lady that Erinn called Grandma. Then after the funeral I had to race home and get the girls into their costumes to go to a pre-school for a Halloween party. Then after the Halloween party, I had to run up to the college to pick Tony up, then run home. We had maybe a 20 minute break then Tony and put our part of the costumes on and go to the our church building to do the trunk or treat. After the trunk or treat We took Erinn to the Lynn family’s house  and then to my cousin’s Cody and Lucy’s house to trick or treat. We ended up staying at their house and watching Captain America with them. it was such a fun Halloween.

1 comment: